Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre's eHealth service called MyChart™ streamlines the way health record information is accessed and shared. Sunnybrook recognizes that patients are key stakeholders in the delivery of care, and this service empowers them to manage their health by putting the necessary information in their hands.
The following is a series of Q&As to provide you with a better understanding of MyChart™.
1. What is MyChart™?
- My Chart is an online website where patients can create and manage their own personal health information based on clinical and personal information.
2. Who has access to MyChart™?
- Participating hospitals' patients have access to MyChart™, but they can electronically grant access to family caregivers, hospital clinicians, primary care physicians, Community Care Access Centres (CCACs), and pharmacists, etc.
3. How do patients access MyChart™?
- MyChart™ is accessible from anywhere at any time through the Internet. Once registration is complete users can go to www.mychart.ca and log in to review their MyChart records.
4. What do patients have access to through MyChart™?
- Personal and family health details (including allergies and current medications)
- Online appointment requests
- Online patient questionnaires
- Clinic visit notes*
- Radiology* (i.e. CT, MRI, X-Rays, Ultrasounds)
- Personal address book, compiled by the patients â€“ physicians, caregivers, labs, clinics, etc.
- Personal diary and personal tools
- Labs* (i.e. Hematology, Microbiology, Blood Bank).
- Patient Profile (for Sunnybrook Family Practice patients only)
- Links to relevant disease-specific information and online events
- Personalized health information (e.g. FAQs on procedures, etc.)
*Certain conditions / delays may apply.
5. How does MyChart™ receive its information?
- Directly from the hospital's EPR system and through self-entered information
- Some test results might not be available until reviewed directly by physician due to sensitivity and timing of patient's last visit
6. How is the confidential patient information available through MyChart™ secured?
- MyChart™ is secured through the same encryption technologies used by the major banks for online banking.
In order to register for MyChart, you need a PIN. A PIN is a unique 4 digit number assigned to you by the MyChart support team. Please do not share your PIN with anyone, except for registration purposes. It is a one-time-use registration number that must be validated before you can register a username and password for your account.
- Patients can obtain a PIN from Health Records in order to register an account. They can be obtained from any one of the following locations:
- Bayview campus - Room E-123 (located right by Harlequin's food court)
- The Odette Cancer Centre - Room T2-212 (found on the second floor)
- Holland Centre - Room 260 (located on the second floor)
If you are setting up an account on behalf of a patient, please ensure you bring either a) a power of attorney document or b) a completed delegate form along with a copy of the patient's ID and also photo ID of the delegate
For any assistance, please call 416-480-6794 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To create an account, please go to www.mychart.ca, select "Sign up for MyChart", and follow the instructions.
10 years of MyChart!
Click here to view a plain-text version of the infographic
10 Years of MyChart™! 2006-2016
MyChart™ is Sunnybrook's personal online health management record solution.
With MyChart™, patients have the ability to access and manage their own health information. They can choose to share this information with others, such as clinicians and family.
- Access to clinical information from Sunnybrook's electronic patient record system (e.g. medical imaging, lab results, progress notes, and more)
- Ability to self-enter or upload personal health information
- Upcoming appointment information, appointment requests, and reminders
- Psychiatry Release of Information module
- Communication with Users (e.g. announcements, patient information, surveys)
- Customizable Tools & Resources â€“ Mood Tracker, Weight Tracker, Blood Pressure measurement, and more
110, 000 active users and growing!
MyChart™ is secure like online banking, and can be used 24/7 by computer or mobile device.
- Central CCAC
- Mackenzie Health
- Mount Sinai Hospital
- The Ottawa Hospital
- The Ottawa Heart Institute
- Michael Garron Hospital
- William Osler Health Systems
- Medic Alert
- St. Michael's Hospital
Users access MyChart™ on average 5-7 times monthly.
Accessed by users in over 157 countries.
MyChart™ was developed in-house in 2005 and launched in 2006.
For more information, visit MyChart.ca
Stats in above infographic last updated 05/17/2016.